We invite you to volunteer at the Youth Against Settlements center in Hebron or remotely from where you live. Fill out our questionnaire so we can get to know your skills, interests and availably and we will be in touch with you to get you started.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Social Media work
- Web content, with special focus on video documentation
- Video creation
- Written and photo documentation of human rights violations
- Editing and photo sorting. Involves English language editing
- Networking and Public Relations with international organizations
- Media work
- Teaching English to children and/ or youth activists
- Companion children to and from their schools/ kindergartens
- Kids activities
- Video documentation
- Sports activities
- Open Shuhada Street Campaign (August – February). Involves translating materials to other languages, contacting international groups to participate in the campaign, and more: ~10 hours per week
- Olive Harvest Campaign (15 October – 1 December).Involves olive picking and coordinating olive harvest volunteers: ~10-40 hours per week.
Volunteer qualifications:We are looking for volunteers who are able to take initiative and work hard without heavy supervision. We are looking for volunteers who are knowledgeable, committed, and passionate about justice in Palestine. The following is a list of skills that we are looking for in volunteers:
- Video production and editing
- Experience working with social media
- Language/ translation skills (Arabic, Hebrew, other European languages)
- English writing, editing, teaching, translating
- Experience working with children
- Experience with international organizations
- Knowledge with international law
- Campaign organizing
Advice for our volunteers:
We advice all of our volunteers to read as much as possible about the occupation here in Hebron and in Palestine to deepen your knowledge about the situation.
To familiarize yourself about Hebron we suggest reading the informations that is on our webpage, our Facebook page and Mapping the apartheid. Furthermore we suggest reading and watching some of the following books and/ or webpages to familiarize yourself with the general situation in Palestine.
Books to prepare for your time in Hebron
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine, by Ilan Pappe
- The Question of Palestine, by Edward Said
- Palestinian/Israeli Conflict: a Primer, by Phyllis Bennis
- Breaking the Silence, by Diane Chamberlain
- Lords of the Land: The War for Israel’s Settlements in the Occupied Territories, 1967-2007, by Idith Zertal and Akiva Eldar
- In Your Eyes a Sandstorm: Ways of Being Palestinian, by Arthur Neslen
- Israel’s Occupation, by Neve Gordan
- The General’s Son, by Miko Peled
- Strangers in the House: Coming of Age in Occupied Palestine, by Raja Shehadeh
- Palestine in Israeli School Books, by Nurit Peled
- Footnotes in Gaza, by Joe Sacco
- Mornings in Jenin, novel bySusan Abulhawa
Films and videos to prepare for your time in Hebron
Will you volunteer?
Like this to encourage your friends to volunteer.